INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY
The first Friday in August brings a toast to ales, lagers, and pilsners that put the international in International Beer Day.
Perhaps there’s a porter or a Belgian in your glass. Whether yours is fermented or not, dark or pale, hoppy, bitter, smooth, raise your mug. Lift it high among friends around the world, thanking those who work at brewing delicious beer in your local area. Why? Because International Beer Day brings the world together, celebrating the beers of all cultures on one remarkable day.
Did you know, this is a day for beer lovers everywhere. In backyards, taverns, pubs, and breweries all over, people celebrate beer’s greatness while showing gratitude to their bartender and waitstaff. By the way, did you miss National IPA Day the other day? Don’t miss this one. If you do, be sure to check out these other ways to celebrate:
- Pack a cooler and the grill for National Tailgating Day.
- National Drink Beer Day
- In December, National Lager Day has you covered.
- Beer goes well with National Pizza Day.
- And it goes really well with National Pretzel Day, too.
- Of course, there’s always National Beer Day.
HOW TO OBSERVE #InternationalBeerDay
“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip… but it’s better to be thoroughly sure.”
Better yet, don’t miss it. Enjoy a glass with friends. Try a new beer. If you don’t know what to try, here are some suggestions.
- Attend a tasting – Yes, like wine tastings, there are beer tastings, too.
- Get a flight – Many pubs and breweries offer a flight with of few ounces of 4-5 beers to taste.
- Take a quiz – There are several flavor profile quizzes online to help you choose your next beer. You can also take a quiz to find out just how much you know about beer, too. Like this one at Fun Trivia.
- Ask the bartender – They can guide you based on your flavor preferences. Then be sure to thank and tip them, especially if they provided sound advice.
- Tour a brewery – Brewery tours offer samples. Not only will you find a beer you like, but most breweries have a rich history. Even younger breweries include fascinating stories about their founders or their recipes.
Post on social media using #InternationalBeerDay – Celebrate all who brew such fantastic beer around the globe.
INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY HISTORY
Our research shows the origin of International Beer Day dates back to 2008. Because August is hot in many parts of the world, the first Friday of August was chosen.
7 August 2020
6 August 2021
5 August 2022
4 August 2023
2 August 2024
1 August 2025
7 August 2026
6 August 2027
4 August 2028
3 August 2029
2 August 2030
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!