NATIONAL PIZZA DAY
National Pizza Day on February 9th celebrates one of America’s all-time favorite foods. Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish, or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
We love our pizzas, and they come in so many varieties, too. As we nosh on our favorite, explore a few pizza facts:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- In the United States, 17% of all restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
You know what to do. Have your favorite pizza! Whether you visit your local pizza place or make your own, you’ll be celebrating National Pizza Day your way! Try something new. Mix up your toppings. Try a new sauce or get some crazy crust. Be sure to give a shout out to the local staple that’s always filled the pizza need. You know who we’re talking about. The ones with the secret ingredients we make classic movies about. Yeah, that’s the one. And don’t forget to check out the Celebration Deals for all the best offers and discounts.
Send us a message with any other great deals you come across that celebrate National Pizza Day, 2020.
Throw a pizza party and give the following recipes a try:
Use #NationalPizzaDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL PIZZA DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this ever-popular food holiday. However, the mystery remains. One thing we do know is how to eat pizza. Do you?
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!