NATIONAL BE HEARD DAY
Each year on the 7th day of March, National Be Heard Day encourages small businesses across the country to make their presence known. The day recognizes the over 145 million small businesses in the United States striving to be heard over the big-business-dominated noise.
Click the play button below to hear the story about National Be Heard Day.
Around the United States, small businesses employ approximately 47% of the workforce. Standing out amongst the crowd can be a daunting task. But small businesses are unique in many ways. Not only do they supply cutting-edge services and products, but they also reinvest in small-town America and local neighborhoods in many ways. When small business owners live, work, and play in our communities, their dollars stay and grow. Many of these businesses create custom products solving unique problems for big businesses. Not only that, they support our schools in dollars, as mentors in the classroom, and on the field as coaches.
When is Small Business Saturday?
It can be EVERY Saturday!
The day supports small businesses as they stand up and grab the attention of consumers. National Be Heard Day encourages small businesses to stand out through creative marketing, smart publicity tactics, a strong visual appearance, or any other inventive ways of making their presence known. When small businesses thrive, so do our communities.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalBeHeardDay
Join in this small business celebration! Whether you’re a business owner, shopper, or interested in growing your community, this day is for you.
Small businesses, raise your voices! Let your communities hear you, your goals, and what you have to offer.
- Review your marketing approach.
- Take a look at trends in social media.
- Make your presence known.
- Ask your customers what works and what doesn’t. Then, make the changes that draw positive attention.
- Showcase your unique qualities and make them shine!
- Network with local businesses. Pairing your unique product with another merchant’s displays doubles the wow!
Communities, offer small businesses your support.
- Provide seminars on mastering social media.
- Invite small businesses to take marketing courses.
- Generate interest in coffee shop networking to build your small business culture. Your civic pride won’t be sorry!
- Organize events that bring shoppers to your merchants.
Consumers, frequent your local small businesses.
- We know you love your local businesses! Shop, eat, drink and order! If you don’t, they will not be around long. Small businesses do not survive without clientele.
- When you like a service, tell others about it. Share their social media handles, specials, and invite others to join you on your next visit.
- Give a positive review. All businesses hear what they are doing wrong, but they also need to know what they are doing right.
- Can’t make it to your favorite local shop? Check their website. Many traditional small businesses also run an online store, too!
Use #NationalBeHeardDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL BE HEARD DAY HISTORY
Business Mentor Shannon Cherry founded National Be Heard Day in 2004 to help small businesses stand up and be heard above the big business marketing.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!