NATIONAL BE HEARD DAY
Each year on the 7th day of March, National Be Heard Day encourages small businesses across the country to make their presence known. The day recognizes the over 145 million small businesses in the United States as they strive to be heard over the big-business dominated noise.
Click the play button below to hear the story about National Be Heard Day.
Around the United States, small businesses employ approximately 47% of the workforce. Standing out amongst the crowd can be a daunting task. But small businesses are unique in many ways. Not only do they supply cutting edge services and products, but they also reinvest in small-town America and local neighborhoods in many ways. Small business owners live, work, and play in our communities. Their dollars stay in our communities. Many create custom products solving unique problems for big businesses. Not only that, they support our schools in dollars, as mentors in the classroom, and on the field as coaches.
The day supports small businesses as they stand up and grab the attention of consumers. Stand out through creative marketing, smart publicity tactics, strong visual appearance, or any of the other inventive ways of making their presence known. When small businesses thrive, so do our communities.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalBeHeardDay
Small businesses, be heard!
- Review your approach to marketing.
- Take a look at trends in social media.
- Make your presence known.
- Ask your customers what works and what doesn’t. Then, make the changes that draw postitive attention.
- Showcase your unique qualities and make them shine!
Communities, offer small businesses your support.
- Provide seminars on mastering social media.
- Invite small businesses to take marketing courses.
- Generate interest in coffee shop networking to build your small business culture. Your civic pride won’t be sorry!
Consumers, frequent your local small businesses.
- If you enjoy a particular business, shop, eat, drink and order! If you don’t, they will not be around long. Businesses do not survive without clientele.
- When you like a service, tell others about it. Share their social media handles.
- Give a positive review.
- These days, many small businesses are traditional and online. However, more and more, online small businesses are growing. You can still support those local online businesses by sharing and liking their pages.
Use #NationalBeHeardDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL BE HEARD DAY HISTORY
Business Mentor Shannon Cherry founded National Be Heard Day in 2004 to help small businesses stand up and be heard through all the big business marketing.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!