NATIONAL VINEGAR DAY
There are many varieties of vinegar:
* Apple cider * Balsamic * Beer * Cane * Coconut * Date * Distilled vinegar * East Asian black * Flavored vinegar * Fruit * Honey * Job’s tears * Kiwifruit * Kombucha * Malt * Palm * Raisin* Rice * Sinamak * Spirit vinegar * Sherry vinegar * White * Wine *
- Most commonly used in food preparation such as pickling processes, vinaigrettes and other salad dressings
- An essential ingredient in mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce and mayonnaise
- A popular condiment for fish and chips
- Flavoring for potato chips
- Used as a dip for crab meat
- A substitute for fresh lemon juice
- Ingredient in a sauce when roasting lamb
- Used in sushi rice
- Commonly put into mint sauce
- Ingredient in making some beverages
- Used for medical remedies and treatments
- Ideal for cleaning
- Essential in home canning
- Used in gardening and pest control
Some forms of vinegar are believed to have health benefits.
To learn more about vinegar, see: http://www.versatilevinegar.org/vinegarlore.html
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalVinegarDay
Share your favorite uses for canning. Find great recipes using vinegar. Use #NationalVinegarDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL VINEGAR DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching this food holiday.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!