NATIONAL PEACH PIE DAY
National Peach Pie Day is observed annually on August 24th. We celebrate this mouth-watering dessert during the heart of the Peach harvest season. Don’t forget the à la mode!
- The state of Georgia has been known as the center of peach growers.
- Georgia is known as the “Peach State”.
- Peach harvest occurs between June and August.
- Harvest from each peach tree lasts about one week.
- There are two main varieties of peaches: Clingstone and Freestone.
- A medium peach weighs 2.6 oz.
- A medium peach typically contains 30 calories, 7 g of carbohydrate, 1 g of protein, 140 mg of potassium, and 8% of the daily value for vitamin C.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Please enjoy these Peach Pie recipes:
Use #NationalPeachPieDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Peach Pie Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!