NATIONAL INTERNSHIP AWARENESS MONTH
During April, National Internship Awareness Month sets out to dispel many myths surrounding internships.
Internships offer a great way to teach and share information with a person ready to start their career. They provide employment training and experiential learning opportunities that often enhance a person’s professional qualities like strengthening ‘soft skills’ such as teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and professionalism. Internships provide job seekers the chance to break into the workforce and gain meaningful experience to launch their careers. This step is often difficult for people with little to no experience. Employers offering internships find it to be a low-risk, cost-effective workforce solution, often leading to a permeant hire.
- Are an excellent way to gain real-world professional experience through meaningful opportunities.
- Allow you to assess the right fit and align with your professional goals.
- Aren’t just for summer. Internships can take place all year long and can vary in length.
- Don’t all lead to a permanent position. However, the relevant experience can be included in your resumé when applying for related jobs.
- Are offered by many fields of work from business to government, finance, and skilled trades.
HOW TO OBSERVE #InternshipAwarenessMonth
- Learn more about internships during April.
- Update your resume using your internship experience.
- Employers, consider offering an internship and reap the benefits of new insight and a potential employee.
- Attend a webinar to learn more about incorporating internships into your company.
- Share your experiences with an internship and use #InternshipAwarenessMonth to share on social media.
NATIONAL INTERNSHIP AWARENESS MONTH HISTORY
Career Edge Organization founded National Internship Awareness Month to celebrate the benefits of an internship to create highly qualified professionals.
The Registrar at National Day Calendar declared National Internship Awareness Month to be celebrated annually in 2017.