NATIONAL CREAM CHEESE BROWNIE DAY
On February 10, National Cream Cheese Brownie Day shines a spotlight on an irresistible dessert bar. Combining chocolate and cream cheese has long been a favorite in the bakery. When it’s added to a brownie recipe the results are spectacular.
The brownie has been around since the 1800s but was first documented in 1906 in the cookbook The Boston Cooking School Cook Book. There are hundreds of cream cheese brownie recipes. However, we also enjoy them cut up into parfaits or mixed into ice cream. Add a dollop of whipped cream, berries or a sprinkle of nuts and fruit and they become a decadent dessert in their own right.
Adding cream to the batter once it’s poured into the pan and swirling it around with a knife gives the finished product an elegant look. It even suggests a celebration when you look at it! No matter how you enjoy cream cheese brownies, we are sure that you will find one that you like.
HOW TO OBSERVE #CreamCheeseBrownieDay
- Have a cream cheese brownie for a snack or dessert.
- Bake cream cheese brownies to share with friends, coworkers or family members.
- Try a new recipe such as this one: Cream Cheese Brownie recipe.
- Share your favorite recipe.
- Give a shout-out to the baker who makes the best cream cheese brownies.
- Use #CreamCheeseBrownieDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL CREAM CHEESE BROWNIE DAY HISTORY
Our research has not uncovered the origin of this food holiday. However, we’ve dug into a few pans of cream cheese brownies, and we’re not ashamed to admit it.