NATIONAL BEANS ‘N’ FRANKS DAY
Joining in each year as part of National Hot Dog Month, July 13th is known as National Beans ‘N’ Franks Day.
Also known as “beanie weenies” both dishes are similar to pork ‘n’ beans, but substitute hot dogs or frankfurters for the pork.
- Dating back to the civil war, bake beans emerged as one of the very first canned convenience foods.
- It is unknown who originally added franks to beans.
- Van Camp’s owns the Beanie Weenies name.
- Other brands are sold under alternative names such as Franks & Beans.
- Typical ingredients include: baked beans, skinless hot dogs, brown sugar, onion, mustard, BBQ sauce and spices.
- There are a variety of beans ‘n’ franks recipes found around the world.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Here is a recipe for you to try as you celebrate National Beans ‘N’ Franks Day. Post on social media using #BeansNFranksDay.
Our research was unable to find the creator of National Beans ‘N’ Franks Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!