SMALL BUSINESS WEEK
Recognizing their outstanding service, innovation, and development, Small Business Week celebrates small business owners around the country. Small businesses account for half of America’s workforce, and more new jobs come from small businesses than any other source. They are vital to keeping America running.
And shopping small isn’t a once-a-year event; It’s a year-round necessity. When our small businesses thrive, our communities thrive. Small business include the traditional brick-and-mortar customer and the online shopper.
The week puts small businesses in the spotlight and encourages everyone to shop local and small. It’s a great way to get to know your neighborhood and how it’s growing and evolving. That’s one of the benefits is shopping small too! You know your dollars will stay local. Small businesses are constantly reinvesting in their communities. They donate to school programs and local organizations. That keeps your money local and makes every dollar you spend in a small business more valuable.
HOW TO OBSERVE #SmallBusinessWeek
- Visit www.sba.gov to nominate your favorite small business and to find out more.
- Support local small businesses or find out how to give your small business the boost it needs.
- Give a shout-out to your favorite small businesses.
- Encourage someone who is just starting or thinking of starting a small business.
- Partner with another small business and celebrate the week with specials or open houses.
- Use #SmallBusinessWeek to share on social media.
SMALL BUSINESS WEEK HISTORY
The United States Small Business Administration has recognized the contributions of entrepreneurs and small businesses since 1963.