SHOPPING REMINDER DAY
Shopping Reminder Day kicks off an unofficial countdown of sorts. Whether you’re finishing up or just getting started, holiday shopping is a task that either stresses people or excites them.
For those who look forward to holiday shopping, the idea of finding the perfect gift for someone they love tickles them with energy. However, others like the thrill of the hunt for deals. Still, others just love the energy of giving during the holidays.
On the flip side, those who dread holiday shopping dread the crowds and traffic. Budget constraints and the commercialism drive them indoors.
Somewhere there must be a balance for all of us. We select the gifts with meaning and fulfill the expectations while keeping those who need the most in mind during this holiday season.
If you have holiday shopping to complete, this day is here to remind you there are only so many days left.
- There are 30 days until Christmas.
- There are 31 days until the start of Kwanzaa.
- There are 15 days until the start of Hanukkah.
HOW TO OBSERVE #ShoppingReminderDay
Use the reminder to complete what you can. Select the best shopping method for you. We even have a few tips for you to use.
- Make a list of who you have left to shop for. Be sure to mark them off your list when you’ve finished, otherwise, you’re likely to end up with two gifts.
- Be sure to communicate. Many families draw names. Not only does this save money for each family, but the gift-giving takes on a special quality.
- Make sure you’re staying within the dollar limit. If your mother sets a $30 limit, don’t go over that limit to outshine an in-law. That’s not what the holidays are about.
- While shopping the big box stores online may seem to save you a few dollars, nothing beats the quality of a local craftsperson. Besides, if there is something wrong with the product, you do know who you can speak with to get it fixed.
- Many local businesses offer gift cards. If you can’t find the perfect item now or the right item is out of stock, you can give a gift card for a later purchase.
If you have tips, use #ShoppingReminderDay to post on social media.
SHOPPING REMINDER DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching the origins of this string on the finger holiday.