NATIONAL LOVE PEOPLE DAY
On September 30, National Love People Day asks us to lift others up through the profound power of unconditional love.
The human condition is a limiting and varying thing. How and when and where we get to use it is vaguely and oddly defined. What is certain is a rollercoaster-filled life of celebrations and trials. National Love People Day tasks us with an understanding that unconditional love requires a dedication most human beings aren’t given. But, when we wholeheartedly love our neighbors with steadfast devotion, the world is a better place. It is the practical application of “love your neighbor as yourself.”
The word “unconditional” on its own is quite profound. Look at its synonyms: wholehearted, unqualified, unreserved, unlimited, unrestricted, unmitigated, unquestioning, complete, total, entire, full, absolute, unequivocal. Those words are dedicated, solid, and unwavering from their commitment to something. There are no boundaries or limitations with the word “unconditional.”
Add the word love, and the power of the phrase is multiplied. So, on National Love People Day, offer kindness and care to the people in your community.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalLovePeopleDay
From a gentle word to the gift of needed resources, love provides all forms of support to the people in your community. Find ways to show unconditional love for your neighbors, colleagues, strangers and your community.
- Volunteer – When you volunteer in your community, you do several things. You keep resources and dollars local. Your efforts help those in your immediate surroundings, lifting them up as you do. You also help create resources that demonstrate your love and that of your community.
- Share – Whether you share your bounty or praise others’ contributions to their community, you share a message of love and support for your fellow human beings.
- Give – Giving to others is an act of love. You may not have much to give, but sometimes people don’t need much more than companionship, information, advice, encouragement or a hug. And all of those are free for the giving.
Use #NationalLovePeopleDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL LOVE PEOPLE DAY HISTORY
Lifeline Church out of Chicago, Illinois founded National Love People Day in 2017 to inspire the spirit of unconditional love as a national event to bring us all together. The day also honors the church’s founders, Pastors Reggividese and London Royal. Through the church, they have impacted the Chicagoland area by showing unconditional and unmerited love for ten years. The pair strongly believes that loving God means loving yourself and loving other people from all walks of life regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To show this love, the Royals have brought their vision to life with strategic acts of kindness through the church’s mission.
Reach Up, Reach In, and Reach Out:
- Give Love On Christmas Day– partnered with Warren Park Elementary School to provide Food, Clothing, and Christmas Gift to a family of six.
- Car Giveaway – Provided a single mother with a full-paid SUV.
- Extreme Makeover (Home Edition) – collaborated with independent contractors to remodel a home, inside and out, for a volunteer worker in the church.
- Love In Action – members went to the pride parade to show love by giving away free hugs and bottled water.
- Health & Fitness Weekend – parented with the Loyola Ronald McDonald Pediatric Mobile Unit and the National Kidney Foundation to provide FREE exams to those in the community.
- Gas Giveaway – Gave away $5,000.00 of FREE Gas to residents in the community.
- Mi Gracia Fest & Cicero Clean Up Day – Past participant of these Town of Cicero events.
- Town of Cicero – Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration – Has been the keynote speaker for this event on multiple occasions.
- Share The Warmth Coat Drive – Donated Winter Coats & Accessories to students at Goodwin Elementary School.
For more information and updates about National Love People Day, visit our website: www.nationallovepeopleday.com.
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed National Love People Day to be observed annually on September 30.
NATIONAL CHEWING GUM DAY
National Chewing Gum Day exercises our jaws on September 30th. Pop a bubble or freshen your breath with your favorite piece of chewing gum.
Humans have used chewing gum for over 5,000 years. They may have chewed it for enjoyment, to stave off hunger, or to freshen their breath much like we do today. The sources used to make gum resulted in minty and sweet chewable globs of wax or sap resin that fulfilled the human urge to gnaw. They were unlikely to produce glossy, pink bubbles worthy of jealous pokes from siblings. However, waking up with it stuck in your hair was still a possibility.
Various forms of chewing gum have existed since the Neolithic period. In 2007, a British archaeology student discovered a 5,000-year-old piece of chewing gum made from bark tar with tooth imprints in it. Presumed to be the oldest piece of chewing gum, the discovery took place in Kierikki, Yli-li, Finland. Made from bark tar, scientists believed the gum to have antiseptic properties and other medicinal advantages.
- Many other cultures chewed gum made from the resin of the mastic tree, from plants, grasses, and other resins.
- In 1848, John B. Curtis developed and sold the first commercial chewing gum, which was called “The State of Maine Pure Spruce Gum.”
- Around 1850, a gum made from paraffin wax was developed and surpassed the spruce gum in popularity.
- December 28, 1869, William Semple filed an early patent on chewing gum, patent number 98,304.
- Studies show chewing gum helps improve memory, reduce stress, and increase alertness.
- Chewing sugar-free gum improves overall oral hygiene while also helping to curb cravings and improving digestion.
HOW TO OBSERVE #ChewingGumDay
Celebrate the day by buying a pack of your favorite flavor of chewing gum. Share a piece with your friends. You could also have a bubble blowing contests. Just be sure not to get it in your hair when it pops!
- Share bubble gum memories. Whether it’s from times gone by or more recent experiences, retell the tale for all to hear.
- Discover the world records of bubble gum.
- Take a video of your best bubble.
- Enjoy some bubble gum ice cream.
- Research the best tips for getting ice cream out of your hair, furniture or carpet.
- Look under your desk to see if any grusome pieces from your predicesors remain.
- Pick up bubble gum flavored something. For example, chapstick, candy, or frosting. What other things come in bubble gum flavor or scent?
Use #ChewingGumDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL CHEWING GUM DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching the origin of this fascinating celebration.
NATIONAL WOMEN’S HEALTH & FITNESS DAY
On the last Wednesday in September, National Women’s Health & Fitness Day promotes the largest event for women’s health of all ages.
Across the country, an estimated 80,000 to 100,000 women of all ages gather at local health and fitness events. They join in groups large and small. From senior centers to hospitals, parks and health clubs, women of all fitness levels encourage each other to begin or continue a healthy journey.
Often, these journeys only require the support of like-minded people. The day inspires many forms of exercise and supplies informational seminars and clinics, too. Screenings provide a way to track our fitness levels and help us get back on track. Forming small groups helps to create a daily routine or simply keep us responsible for our commitments to ourselves.
Developing our physical strength along with mental confidence goes a long way to keeping our bodies healthy. So many of us overlook the rest we need and the healthy foods our bodies need to fuel our days. When we take a few moments to learn the best ways to care for ourselves, we often take better care of others, too.
HOW TO OBSERVE #WomensHealthFitnessDay
This holiday offers so many ways to join in the action. Many fitness centers and organizations will be offering tips, classes, and screenings across the country. Whether you’re in tip top shape or have goals in mind, this day inspires us to take care of ourselves. Pick your goal and get moving! How will you celebrate?
Ways to get involved include:
- Join a walking group or another exercise forum.
- Visit a clinic seminar on portion sizes.
- Attend a webinar about reducing stress.
- Learn about incorporating mindfulness into your daily life.
- Join a meditation or prayer session.
Get the girls together for a workout and use #WomensHealthFitnessDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL WOMEN’S HEALTH & FITNESS DAY HISTORY
Health Information Resource Center (HIRC) created National Women’s Health & Fitness Day in 2002.
NATIONAL MUD PACK DAY
On September 30th National Mud Pack Day gives permission to get muddy.
Mud packs are mixtures of therapeutic clays when applied to the skin increase circulation, ease muscle tension, release toxins and boost immunity. They work well on oily and some combination skin types. While commonly used as a facial, mud packs treat then entire skin’s surface.
Since mud packs come in a variety of mixtures, they can be customized for each person. When paired with a massage, the relaxation benefits multiply. There’s also a difference between mud masks and clay masks, so look into the benefits of each.
Other benefits of mud packs include relieving pain and swelling related to arthritis, digestion, stress and a quick treatment for bee and wasp stings
.HOW TO OBSERVE #MudPackDay
NATIONAL MUD PACK DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching this health and beauty celebration.
NATIONAL HOT MULLED CIDER DAY
On September 30th, National Hot Mulled Cider Day warms our homes with the scent of cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple.
HOW TO OBSERVE #HotMulledCiderDay
Make some hot mulled cider. Sip it while reading a good book or enjoying a great conversation with a friend. When we celebrate with a friend, it makes the day even better. Fill a thermos with some freshly made hot mulled cider and take it on a hike. It will warm you even on the crispiest of autumn days.
And mark your calendar so you remember to join us again next year, too!
Try this Mulled Cider recipe.
Use #HotMulledCiderDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL HOT MULLED CIDER DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching this delicious beverage holiday.
Recipe of the Day
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total Prep: 40 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 12 ounce package chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a medium bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy.
Add eggs one at a time.
Stir in vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
Gradually add to the wet ingredients.
Incorporate the chocolate chips.
Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
About National Day Calendar
National Day Calendar® is the authoritative source for fun, unusual and unique National Days! Since our humble beginnings on National Popcorn Day in 2013, we now track nearly 1,500 National Days, National Weeks and National Months. In addition, our research team continues to uncover the origins of existing National Days as well as discover new, exciting days for everyone to celebrate.
There’s a celebration for everyone. While National Road Trip Day satisfies the itch to wander, many pet days let us share our love of animals. National 3-D Day and National Astronaut Day honor the advancement of technology, too. Every food day you can imagine (National Avocado Day, for example), will keep you celebrating, also!
Our Ambassador Program is another way #CelebrateEveryDay®! Whether you become an ambassador or follow one of the savvy ambassadors, their fun videos and posts will keep you prepared for every holiday.