RIGHT BRAINERS RULE! MONTH
Right Brainers Rule! Month is an annual designation observed in October. The human brain is divided into two hemispheres. Although the two halves look alike, they have some large differences. They do work together for some functions, but the theory is that in most people, one half is more dominant. The left side of the brain is prominent in facts and logic. The right side of the brain is considered to be the creative side. In October, we celebrate the right brainers.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Do something creative. Write a poem, sculpt, draw a picture, etc. to work the right side of your brain. Use #RightBrainersRule to post on social media. There are a few other things you should get in the habit of doing if you want to keep your brain sharp for as long as you live.
- Spend a little bit of time reading or writing (or both) every day.
- Stay physically active… even if it’s as little as 20-30 minutes a day.
- Limit alcohol intake to 1 drink or less a day.
- Play memory games and push your creative limits to get that right brain going.
- Rest, relax, and laugh to help get your creative juices flowing.
Within our research, we were unable to find the origin of Right-Brainers Rule! Month.