PRIDE IN FOODSERVICE WEEK
Pride in Foodservice Week applauds nutrition and food service professionals and other members of the dietary team for their hard work and dedication on the job. The first week in February beginning on the first Saturday is sponsored by the Association of Nutrition & Food Service Professionals. It is in appreciation of foodservice professionals in local schools, nursing homes and assisted living facilities, local hospitals and acute care facilities, and the councils on aging and other senior centers.
Important Dates in the History of Foodservice
- 1960 – food service professionals organized what would become the Hospital, Institution and Educational Food Service Society (HIEFSS)
- 1984 – members changed the name to Dietary Managers Association or DMA
- 1985 – DMA offered the first dietary manager credentialing exam.
- 1991 – Pride in Food Service week was intro
- 1997 – The website was launched
- 2007 – ANFP published a new flagship textbook
HOW TO OBSERVE
Track on social media with #PrideInFoodserviceWeek.
Treat food service staff to dinner at a local restaurant/
Collect food for the needy.
Publish a blog, story, or newsletter highlighting your local food service staff’s favorite recipes or healthful eating tips.
Pride in Foodservice Week began in 1991 and is sponsored by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!