National Zoo and Aquarium Month is an excellent time to plan your trip and make a donation to favorite zoo or aquarium.
Launch into summer by visiting an aquarium or zoo near you. All around the country, parks are gearing up for visitors. They offer programs all year round regarding the wildlife they support that are education and fun.
HOW TO OBSERVE
There’s more than one way to explore your zoo or aquarium.
- Many zoos offer passes that are good at other wildlife parks and aquariums across the country.
- Learn about vanishing habitat and conservation while visiting the wildlife parks.
- Check out their rehabilitation programs and learn how zoologist and veterinarians help injured animals return to the wild.
- Sponsor one of your favorite creatures! Many programs offer a way to help support the wildlife we enjoy most, especially those that are endangered.
- Speaking of endangered species, learn about reduced populations and find out which ones are making comebacks.
- Which zoos have nurseries? Several wildlife programs pair up to create conservative breeding programs to help create a sustainable population. Ask if your zoo participates in Species Survival Plans.
National Zoo and Aquarium Month was first proclaimed in 1982 by President Ronald Regan.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!