NATIONAL UNICORN DAY
National Unicorn Day on April 9th each year celebrates the mythical horse-like creature with a single, pointed horn growing from the center of its forehead.
Unicorns have been a popular mythical creature since Ancient Greek times when people believed they lived in exotic India. While they were once considered to be fierce, powerful animals, many now see them as a symbol of love, purity, enchantment, and magic. They also appear in many movies and cartoons as magical creatures. Both adults and children find a fascination with unicorns. They also continue to find their way into fantasy novels alongside other mythical creatures.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalUnicornDay
There are serval ways to celebrate this fun day. Try these fun ideas:
- Make some brightly colored pancakes or cupcakes. Decorate them with multicolored sprinkles or glitter.
- Bake cookies in the shape of unicorns.
- Watch a favorite movie including unicorns.
- Draw a picture of a unicorn or write a story about one.
- Read your favorite fantasy novel featuring unicorns.
NATIONAL UNICORN DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues to research the origins of this holiday.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar