NATIONAL SNACK FOOD MONTH
It’s snack time! February is National Snack Food Month, so this month, focus on snacking in the healthiest ways possible and still thoroughly enjoying treats between meals! Most days, we need a snack or two (or 7) to make it through the day… and if we choose nutritious choices, snacking more can make a positive impact on our overall health; believe it or not, it can even help with weight loss!
HOW TO OBSERVE
Use #NationalSnackFoodMonth or #SnackFoodMonth to post your favorite snack choices on social media. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the healthiest and most delicious snacks that you can easily throw together and even eat on the go!
- Mixed nuts
- Pepper slices to dip in guacamole
- Greek yogurt with granola, oats, and/or mixed berries
- Apple slices, carrots, or celery dipped in peanut butter
- Cottage cheese (with any toppings, or as a salad dressing replacement)
- Dark chocolate with almonds
- Cucumber (or any veggies) dipped in hummus
- Any fruits and veggies
- Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella and basil
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Healthy beef jerky
- Protein shake or fruit smoothie
National Snack Food Month was created by the National Snack Food Association and the National Potato Promotion Board in 1989. Their goal in founding this month was to increase consumption and raise awareness about snacking, and the importance of keeping it as healthy as we can!
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!