NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
Each week throughout National Safety Month in June is an opportunity to make a difference in your home, work, and community.
Identifying risks around the home or improving safety standards at home and in your community protects everyone. Whether we increase first aid and emergency awareness through drills or provide water safety tips for summer recreation, we’re taking steps to provide a safer neighborhood.
HOW TO OBSERVE
- Report repairs as they are needed
- Hold drills at home to help children know what to do in the even of
- medical event
- another natural disaster
- Volunteer to participate in community emergency preparedness events
- Put together a first aid kit
- Take a CPR class
- Teach someone to change a tire properly and safely
- Learn about proper storage and disposal of medications
- Take a defensive driving course
- Learn how to identify fall hazards in a home
Visit the National Safety Council website for tips and resources and use #NationalSafetyMonth to share on social media.
The National Safety Council promotes National Safety Month annually.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!