NATIONAL ONLINE BANK DAY | SECOND MONDAY IN OCTOBER
On the second Monday in October, National Online Bank Day reminds us we don’t have to take it to the bank to get it to the bank. The day celebrates the advantages offered by online banks.
If you’re not yet one of the millions of people who have discovered the convenience and ease of online banking, you’re missing a great opportunity. Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Makes your money work harder: Online banks traditionally have lower fee structures and competitive interest rates, which benefit you, not the bank.
- Fast, convenient access: No waiting in line, or for the bank to open. Many online banks are open 24/7 – even on U.S. bank holidays – such as today, the second Monday of October, the annual recognition of Columbus Day.
- Provides the flexibility to choose where and when you bank: Conduct your banking transactions securely without leaving the comfort of your home. Many online banks offer live, agent-assisted customer care, by phone or by chat, to suit your schedule.
- Offers smart, simple features: Many online banks allow you to pay your bills, transfer funds and make deposits electronically, and you can also conduct all these tasks “on the go” from a mobile device.
- Gives you greater control over managing your money: Look at your balances and transactions whenever you want, not just when you get a statement.
- No branches = more environmentally friendly: Online banking is a better environmental choice since there are no energy-consuming branch locations, and you’ll spare both gas and emissions from conducting your banking online.
As the digital world continues to evolve, using an online bank for your personal finance needs is not only practical, it offers a number of consumer-friendly benefits and features.
HOW TO OBSERVE ONLINE BANK DAY
Open a new online bank account or change your password on your existing accounts. Post on social media using #OnlineBankDay
NATIONAL ONLINE BANK DAY HISTORY
Ally Bank founded National Online Bank Day in September of 2015 to honor the occasion of its 1 millionth customer. Learn more about Ally Bank, member FDIC, at www.ally.com
The Registrar at National Day Calendar® declared the second Monday in October as National Online Bank Day.
Andrea Puchalsky – 313-656-3798 – firstname.lastname@example.org
10 October 2022
9 October 2023
14 October 2024
13 October 2025
12 October 2026
11 October 2027
9 October 2028
8 October 2029