NATIONAL ONLINE BANK DAY
National Online Bank Day is observed annually on the second Monday in October. This is a day to appreciate the advantages offered by online banks.
If you’re not yet one of the millions of people who have discovered the convenience and ease of online banking, you’re missing a great opportunity. Here are a few benefits to consider:
- Makes your money work harder: Online banks traditionally have lower fee structures and competitive interest rates, which benefit you, not the bank.
- Fast, convenient access: No waiting in line, or for the bank to open. Many online banks are open 24/7 – even on U.S. bank holidays – such as today, the second Monday of October, the annual recognition of Columbus Day.
- Provides the flexibility to choose where and when you bank: Conduct your banking transactions securely without leaving the comfort of your home. Many online banks offer live, agent-assisted customer care, by phone or by chat, to suit your schedule.
- Offers smart, simple features: Many online banks allow you to pay your bills, transfer funds and make deposits electronically, and you can also conduct all these tasks “on the go” from a mobile device.
- Gives you greater control over managing your money: Look at your balances and transactions whenever you want, not just when you get a statement.
- No branches = more environmentally friendly: Online banking is a better environmental choice since there are no energy-consuming branch locations, and you’ll spare both gas and emissions from conducting your banking online.
As the digital world continues to evolve, using an online bank for your personal finance needs is not only practical, it offers a number of consumer-friendly benefits and features.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Open a new online bank account or change your password on your existing accounts. Post on social media using #onlinebankday
National Online Bank Day was submitted by Ally Bank in September of 2015 to honor the occasion of its 1 millionth customer. The Registrar at National Day Calendar declared the second Monday in October as National Online Bank Day. Learn more about Ally Bank, member FDIC, at www.ally.com
Andrea Puchalsky – 313-656-3798 – firstname.lastname@example.org
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!
October 9, 2017
October 14, 2019
October 12, 2020
October 11, 2021