NATIONAL NO DIRTY DISHES DAY
On May 18th, National No Dirty Dishes Day suggests taking a break from your regular daily routine. There are a few options for this day.
- Eat all meals out. Order take out and eat your meals in the containers they come in. If it’s possible, it would be a bonus treat.
- Use disposable plates, cups, and silverware. To stay earth-friendly, choose ones that are biodegradable.
- Fast. While not everyone can fast, occasional fasting can be good for the body.
- Eat only foods that come in their own containers and eat small meals. For example, eat a banana for breakfast. Prepare hard-boiled eggs the day before and enjoy them for lunch.
- Finally, avoid dirty dishes by washing every dish you use as you use it. That way, no dirty dish ends up in the sink.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NoDirtyDishesDay
Avoid dirty dishes! Go out to lunch or dinner with friends or have a barbecue and serve everything on paper plates with disposable utensils. Use #NoDirtyDishesDay to post on social media.
You can also visit the National Day Calendar Classroom for projects that help you Celebrate Every Day. We even include one for No Dirty Dishes Day!
NATIONAL NO DIRTY DISHES DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this anti-dirty dish day. In the meantime, we’re going to wash our own dirty dishes.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!