NATIONAL NAME YOURSELF DAY
National Name Yourself Day on April 9th each year proposes one day a year to reinvent our names.
If you have ever wondered what it would be like to have a different name, this would be the day to find out. Whether you like your name or not, this day is about having fun with a different name. Actors get to try on new names all the time. While they’re at it, they also pretend to be another personality altogether.
Trying on a new name can be fun. For those who are frequently being called by the wrong name, try on the other name for size. Does mom call you by a sibling’s name? Or is your name Greg but you’re forever being called Craig? Adopt a name that avoids these pitfalls (though Mom really does love you, even if she calls you by your sister’s name).
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalNameYourselfDay
- Pick yourself a new name.
- Try a nickname or something entirely different.
- Make a name tag.
- When you’re attending a virtual meeting, introduce yourself by your new name.
- Share your results using #NationalNameYourselfDay to post on social media.
- Educators, visit the National Day Calendar Classroom for projects and ideas geared toward many of the National Days.
NATIONAL NAME YOURSELF DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues to research the origins of this creative National Day.
Q. Can anyone rename themselves for the day?
A. Yes. This day is perfect for anyone to celebrate.
Q. How difficult is it to change my name legally?
A. A. The rules for changing your name legally vary from state to state. However, the process does begin by filling out a form supplied by the court clerk where you live.