NATIONAL KISS AND MAKE UP DAY | AUGUST 25
National Kiss and Make up Day reminds us to end the quarrels, arguments, and fights. Instead, come to an agreement with anyone you’ve had a disagreement with on National Kiss and Make up Day on August 25th.
Similar to the April 2nd National Reconciliation Day, THIS National Day gives us a chance to make amends. Each one of us has had a fight with a loved one at some point in our lives. Whether it is between you and a friend, family member, neighbor or co-worker after time has passed, do you remember the cause? Who was even at fault? Do you want the discord to go on any longer? That is probably the most important question of all.
Offering an apology, or simply just breaking the silence can be enough to begin the healing. Strive to compromise. Even in a no-win situation, if the relationship is worth preserving agreeing to disagree may be the only resolution. When we talk through issues calmly after a serious dispute, we often find both sides misunderstood the other person. Looking back, hopefully, we can find something to laugh about and repair the relationship.
Factoid: Kissing prompts your brain to release a happy elixir of feel-good chemicals like serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin. This isn’t only important for your happiness, it may also help to strengthen your relationship.
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL KISS AND MAKE UP DAY
Let’s find a way to resolve the differences and celebrate with a new start on Kiss and Make Up Day! Use #KissAndMakeUpDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL KISS AND MAKE UP DAY HISTORY
Jacqueline Milgate of Hilton, New York founded Kiss and Make up Day giving loved ones a scheduled day to mend relationships.
Kiss and Make Up FAQ
Q. What are the best movie make up scenes?
- The Notebook – Allie and Noah reunite after years apart, but they have a firey argument followed by an epic make up.
- Juno – Juno fills Paulie’s mailbox full of Tic Tacs.
- The Mission – Rodrigo, an indigenous tribe, and Father Gabriel reconcile after a penance for Rodrigo’s sinful acts.
- Happy Gilmore – Happy Gilmore apologies to Chubbs by saying, “I’m stupid. You’re smart. I was wrong. You were right. You’re the best. I’m the worst. You’re very good-looking. I’m not attractive.”
- Jerry Maguire – Jerry’s “I love you” speech to Dorothy hits the mark when he says, “You complete me.”