NATIONAL KICK BUTT DAY | SECOND MONDAY IN OCTOBER
National Kick Butt Day is observed annually on the second Monday in October. This is a day to give yourself a kick in the seat of the pants.
The day aims to motivate marketers, advertisers and those in the business world to work smarter and harder toward their goals. While striving to out-do the competitor, be sure to also take stock of your achievements and how far you’ve come. Have you made the strides you expected at this point in your career? If not, check your goals. Do you have the right ones in place to kick butt?
While the day was designed with business in mind, goals apply to everyone. From students to retirees. We all have a purpose. Not all goals have to be lofty. Consider these goals that just might still kick butt:
- Teach a child to read.
- Donate to a food bank four times a year.
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway.
- Wash and put away all that laundry.
- Call your parents once a month.
- Start a savings account.
- Learn to decorate a cake.
- Take a sign language class.
- Apply for a new job. (You don’t have to accept it – or do you?)
- Wash the dishes every night before bed.
- Lose 5 pounds.
- Gain 5 pounds.
- Complete your holiday shopping.
HOW TO OBSERVE KICK BUTT DAY
While you’re kicking butt use #NationalKickButtDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL KICK BUTT DAY HISTORY
Observed since at least 2004, the origins of the day are unknown. National Day Calendar® continues researching this motivational day.
10 October 2022
9 October 2023
14 October 2024
13 October 2025
12 October 2026
11 October 2027
9 October 2028
8 October 2029