NATIONAL HOT BREAKFAST MONTH
February is a cold month for most of us, so what better way to start our days than with a steaming hot breakfast? National Hot Breakfast Month is celebrated every February to encourage everyone to set aside some extra time every morning to a make hot, fresh breakfast.
“What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?” -Anthony Bourdain
You know what they say about breakfast… It’s the most important meal of the day! However, in the busyness of everyday life, it’s easy to put breakfast on the back burner and just grab a quick granola bar on your way out the door in the morning. This month, we are challenged to wake up a little earlier and take the time to really enjoy breakfast. You may be surprised at how much better you feel throughout the day when you allow yourself plenty of time in the morning to fully wake up, make breakfast, maybe listen to your favorite podcast as you get ready for the day. Appreciating the beauty that the morning brings and enjoying a hot breakfast will surely make you feel more full, more energized, and just overall better all day long!
HOW TO OBSERVE #HotBreakfastMonth
Use #NationalHotBreakfastMonth or #HotBreakfastMonth to post pictures, recipes, and other inspiration for your friends! Here are a few ideas for healthy, hot breakfasts you can whip up this month. Hopefully, you can get into a routine and continue making tasty, hot breakfasts throughout the rest of the year! (Remember, you can do a TON of variations of these ideas based on your preference.)
- Hot toast with peanut/almond/cashew butter, bananas sliced up, and chia seeds sprinkled over the top
- Berry smoothie. Throw your favorite berries, half a banana, some cashew or coconut milk into a blender for a few minutes for a delicious, refreshing side to your hot meal. (Smoothies obviously aren’t a hot breakfast, but they go great on the side.)
- Oatmeal with fried egg(s) over the top
- Avocado spread over toast with a fried or poached egg on top
- Overnight egg bakes for much less work to do in the morning
- Egg breakfast muffins (basically mini quiche without the breaded crust for a healthy version)
- Sweet potato and black bean stuffed breakfast burrito
NATIONAL HOT BREAKFAST MONTH HISTORY
National Hot Breakfast Month was created to encourage us to get up and start our day the right way! We were unable to find the creator of National Hot Breakfast Month.