NATIONAL FITNESS DAY
National Fitness Day on the first Saturday in May offers an opportunity to be inspired and try new ways of becoming fit and healthy.
The day is dedicated to everyone – not just health enthusiasts. Step out and try a class that looks interesting. Zumba? Yoga? Yes, try it for a day. Perhaps you only want to get out and stretch. Do it!
Maybe you already have a nice routine but want to try something new. The day is an excellent way to shake up your routine. And while you’re at it, bring a friend.
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL FITNESS DAY
Find events near you or register an event. Don’t see one near you? Create one. Motivate your community to be healthier and active.
Other ways to participate include:
- Walk or jog a different route than you usually do.
- Try a new, healthy recipe.
- Replace the fries with a salad at lunch.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Order from the light side of the menu.
- Set the alarm for 20 minutes earlier and do some yoga, stretch, or just go for a walk.
- Ban the sofa before 7 pm. Make a list of alternate activities to do that keep you moving and away from the tv, computer, and social media.
- Do you get enough sleep? Make a goal of going to bed at the same time every night and waking the same time every morning.
Use#NationalFitnessDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL FITNESS DAY HISTORY
Kim Bielak founded National Fitness Day™ in 2017 to encourage healthy lifestyles across the country.