NATIONAL DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR DAY
National Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day on May 16th each year encourages individuals and organizations alike to be neighborly to each other.
A neighbor is defined as:
- a person who lives near another.
- a person or thing that is near another.
- one’s fellow human being.
Our neighbor’s our precious, and it is important to show them gratitude at every opportunity. This day is a reminder that we are all neighbors, and that we should treat each other with love and respect.
HOW TO OBSERVE #DoSomethingGoodForYourNeighborDay
Celebrate the by displaying acts of kindness to your neighbors, friends and anyone who crosses in your path. It’s simple to do. By being mindful of other’s needs we become more aware of the world around us.
- Help a neighbor bring their garbage bin to the curb on garbage day.
- Offer to weed a flower bed.
- When running errands, ask if there’s anything a neighbor needs.
- Invite them over for a cup of tea or coffee. Visits are always nice!
- Drop a note in the mail just letting them know you’re thinking about them.
Use #DoSomethingGoodForYourNeighborDay on Social Media.
NATIONAL DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR DAY HISTORY
Starr Valentino founded Do Something Good For Your Neighbor day in 2009. Mr. Valentino has worked tirelessly and to date has over 500 proclamations for Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day from villages, towns, and cities across the USA and Canada. National Day Calendar recognized this achievement in 2018 and added the day to its calendar.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!