NATIONAL DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR DAY | MAY 16
You can never fail when following the Golden Rule, love your neighbor as yourself. National Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day on May 16th encourages each of us to take a moment during our interaction with others and ask ourselves, how would I like to be treated right now?
From there, you will know how to proceed in a better way to treat neighbors around you at the moment at hand.
A neighbor is defined as:
- a person who lives near another.
- a person or thing that is near another.
- one’s fellow human being.
Our neighbors are precious, and it is important to show them gratitude at every opportunity. This day is a reminder that we are all neighbors and should treat each other with love and respect.
HOW TO OBSERVE Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day
Celebrate the by displaying acts of kindness to your neighbors, friends, and anyone who crosses your path. It’s simple to do. By being mindful of others’ needs we become more aware of the world around us.
- Help a neighbor bring their garbage bin to the curb on garbage day.
- Offer to weed a flower bed.
- When running errands, ask if there’s anything a neighbor needs.
- Invite them over for a cup of tea or coffee. Visits are always nice!
- Drop a note in the mail just letting them know you’re thinking about them.
Use #DoSomethingGoodForYourNeighborDay on Social Media.
NATIONAL DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR DAY HISTORY
Starr Valentino founded Do Something Good For Your Neighbor day in 2009. Mr. Valentino has worked tirelessly and to date has over 500 proclamations for Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day from villages, towns, and cities across the USA and Canada. National Day Calendar recognized this achievement in 2018 and added the day to its calendar.