NATIONAL CLEAN OFF YOUR DESK DAY
The second Monday of January each year recognizes National Clean Off Your Desk Day.
This day is an opportunity to begin your new year with a clean and organized workspace. Whether your desk is in a private or shared office, cubicle, home or a make-shift desk on the counter, having your workspace uncluttered and organized will help you work more efficiently. A clean workspace improves productivity and inspires us, too. It often gives us a sense of serenity.
Tips for Getting Organized
- Remove everything from your desk. Yes, everything.
- Clean the surface. As you replace items, clean them with the appropriate cleaning supply. Usually, a damp cloth is sufficient, but other electrical items need specific care.
- Get out the shredder and the garbage can. Shred, file, scan documents, business cards, recipes, photos as needed.
- Place all documents and photos in the appropriate locations.
- Shred and toss outdated documents, non-working pens, junk mail.
HOW TO OBSERVE #CleanOffYourDeskDay
Clean your desk and share tips on getting your workspace organized. Use #CleanOffYourDeskDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL CLEAN OFF YOUR DESK DAY HISTORY
While researching the origin of this tidy day, National Day Calendar staff will be cleaning toss out old coffee cups, sticky notes, and chocolate wrappers.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!
13 January 2020
11 January 2021
10 January 2022
9 January 2023
8 January 2024
13 January 2025
12 January 2026
11 January 2027
10 January 2028
8 January 2029
14 January 2030