NATIONAL CLEAN BEAUTY DAY
On June 4th, National Clean Beauty Day urges brands to develop clean and sustainable beauty products from the beginning of their life cycle to the end. At the same time, the celebration educates consumers about seeking better product choices. The current state of the beauty industry generates a movement demanding change in our clean beauty practices for a more sustainable world.
Until now, Clean Beauty focused exclusively on formulas and ingredients. Clean Beauty has to mean more. It must embrace everything from ingredient sourcing to production methods, focusing on consumer transparency and the desire to innovate for future generations.
Every year, the world produces 260 million tons of plastic. Less than 10 percent of it will ever be recycled. The rest of the 90 percent ends up in landfills or as litter in our surrounding environment. * Estimates predict that by 2050, the ocean will contain more plastic by weight than fish.**
National Clean Beauty Day is a call to action for the beauty industry to create products with clean ingredients. It also celebrates the changemakers who are creating circular, restorative products. Clean Beauty empowers future generations by creating a more sustainable beauty industry.
More and more, consumers are demanding good-for-you ingredients and environmentally friendly packaging from their products. As the beauty industry responds and begins to offer these choices, consumers and the environment will reap the benefits.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCleanBeautyDay
National Clean Beauty Day on June 4th, encourages you to take the FEKKAI My Hair Cares Pledge and commit to a cleaner and more sustainable beauty lifestyle. You can also join a clean beauty educational session. These sessions help you to learn how your company can incorporate sustainable changes.
Contact your favorite beauty company and let them know you support the Clean Beauty movement. Tell them you support clean ingredients and changes to their packaging that are environmentally friendly. Buy products from leaders in the Clean Beauty industry.
Take the Pledge with Fekkai
- Shampoo and Conditioner – Fekkai Full Blown Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
- Balms – FEKKAI Super Strength Multi-Tasker Roots-to-end Strengthening Balm
- Oils and Creams – Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Cream With Olive Oil
- For Blondes – FEKKAI Baby Blonde Shampoo, Brighten and Boost, For Blonde Hair
- And Sprays – Fekkai Sheer Hold Hair Spray
While taking the pledge, share the day on social media and promote the clean and sustainable products you love the most. And when you do, use #NationalCleanBeautyDay and tag @FEKKAI to share on social media. You can find our staff picks for clean beauty products here.
NATIONAL CLEAN BEAUTY DAY
FEKKAI founded National Clean Beauty Day in 2020 to bring awareness to the current state of the industry. As a leader in Clean Beauty, Fekkai launched the day to educate current and future generations so we can improve our clean beauty practices, and join hands with like-minded brands to create a cleaner, more sustainable beauty world.
Media Contact: [email protected]
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed National Clean Beauty Day to be observed annually on June 4th.
Frédéric Fekkai, the famed hairstylist, founded the FEKKAI brand in 1989. After a long and storied career, including national salons and successful product lines, Frédéric sold his brand. One morning, a realization struck him. The beauty industry hadn’t yet caught up to the rest of the world regarding clean product formulations and sustainability. Reinvigorated, Frédéric’s vision to bring innovation to the beauty category took root.
In November of 2018, Frédéric reacquired his brand and put his vision into motion with the relaunch of FEKKAI in January 2020. FEKKAI achieves clean and sustainable haircare through vegan, cruelty-free, and salon-grade formulas. Their formulas are free of nasties and full of performance – no sulfates, silicones, paraben, or phthalates.
Not only do they craft their packaging from 95% recycled plastic, but it’s also domestically sourced. That makes each bottle and tube 100% recyclable on its own. Additionally, the shipping boxes are 100% recyclable, and packing materials are 100% recyclable. As a result, FEKKAI eliminates an estimated 330 tons of plastic waste and redirects it to recycling plants. There, the recycling plants reprocess and convert the material into usable plastic.
This is FEKKAI’s commitment to future generations and the planet. In the brand’s first year, they will repurpose 64 million grams of plastic. That’s roughly 7 million plastic bottles – and they are just getting started.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!
*A Greenpeace report (Plastic Debris in the World’s Oceans, 2006).
**Report from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, in partnership with the World Economic Forum.