NATIONAL CHERRY TURNOVER DAY
National Cherry Turnovers Day is observed annually on August 28th. Cherry turnovers are a sweet pastry made by placing a cherry filling on a piece of dough, folding the dough over, sealing it then either baking it or frying it.
FUN CHERRY FACTS:
- Related to plums, peaches and nectarines, cherries are drupes or stone fruits.
- Cherries were brought to North America in the 1600s by the English colonists.
- There are more than 1,000 varieties of cherries in the United States.
- There are an average of 44 cherries in one pound.
More National Cherry Holidays:
National Cherry Turnovers Day turns out not being the only National Day we celebrate containing cherries, take a look at these as well…
- January 3rd is National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day.
- April 23rd is National Cherry Cheesecake Day.
- May 17th is National Cherry Cobbler Day.
- August 28th is National Cherry Turnover Day.
- September 24th is National Cherries Jubilee Day.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Following are a few cherry turnover recipes for you to enjoy
Use #CherryTurnoverDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Cherry Turnovers Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!