NATIONAL CARBONARA DAY
On April 6th, enjoy the flavors of Italy and celebrate National Carbonara Day! This delicious pasta dish is made up of a creamy sauce with bits of pancetta.
If you love Italian food, pasta, or just enjoy cooking, this food holiday challenges you to put your best recipe to the test. Purists turn up their noses at bacon, and others debate cheeses. However, adding the right amount of seasoning, the best pasta, and garlic seems to make or break this delicious dish! When compared to other pasta dishes, this one stands up to the flavor test and is something that can be made at home.
No matter how you make your carbonara, get in on the taste test. Or better yet, order up a plate at your favorite Italian restaurant. Then dive into a heaping plate of creamy, indulgent carbonara to celebrate.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCarbonaraDay
- Invite friends and family over for an Italian dinner of your best carbonara.
- Do you use pancetta or bacon?
- How about pecorino or Parmigiano?
- Order carbonara from your favorite Italian restaurant and give them a shout-out.
- Make homemade pasta to test your skills even futher.
- Share your recipe using #CarbonaraDay or find a new favorite.
NATIONAL CARBONARA DAY HISTORY
The Italian Association of Confectionery and Pasta Industries and (AIDEPI) and the International Pasta Organization (IPO) created National Carbonara Day in 2017 to celebrate the dish that millions of pasta lovers identify as the taste of Italy.