NATIONAL CAPPUCCINO DAY
National Cappuccino Day on November 8th whips up a frothy, hot cup of cappuccino. It’s a perfect drink on a frosty morning, meeting with friends or just to enjoy a creamy cuppa.
Traditionally prepared with espresso, hot milk, and steamed milk foam, a cappuccino is an Italian coffee drink.
The word cappuccino comes from the Capuchin friars and is the diminutive form of cappuccio in Italian, meaning hood or something that covers the head. This popular coffee beverage got its name not from the hood on their habits but from the color of the hooded robes that the friars wore. (The Capuchin friars is an Order of friars in the Catholic Church, among the chief offshoots of the Franciscans.)
- In 1945, Achille Gaggia invented the modern espresso machine which further popularized the cappuccino.
- Mid-1990s – Cappuccino was made more widely available to North Americans as upscale coffee houses sprang up.
- Late 1990s to Early 2000s – Cappuccinos became popular in the United States concurrent with the boom in the American coffee industry.
- The start of the 21st Century – A modified short-cut version of the cappuccino started being served at fast-food chains.
- While steaming the milk you must pay close attention to attain the correct ratio of foam, thus making the cappuccino one of the most difficult espresso-based beverages to make properly.
- A skilled barista may create artistic shapes while he/she is pouring milk on top of the espresso coffee.
HOW TO OBSERVE #CappuccinoDay
Visit your favorite coffee shop to enjoy a nice hot and delicious cup of cappuccino. While you’re there, give them a shout-out using #CappuccinoDay to post on social media. Read up on your coffee history while enjoying a delicious cup. We found 11 Historic Coffee Milestones to perk you right up!
Find your National Cappuccino Day offers on our Celebration Deals page!
You can also shop at National Day Calendar®! Get your CelebrateEveryDay® coffee to sip all year long!
NATIONAL CAPPUCCINO DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching the origins of this delicious coffee beverage.
Q. Do cappuccinos come in different flavors?
A. Yes. Cappuccinos are often flavored using syrups. Some popular flavors include French vanilla, chocolate, salted caramel, pumpkin spice, peppermint, hazelnut, cinnamon, and Irish Cream.
Q. When is National Espresso Day?
A. National Espresso Day is November 23rd.