INTERNATIONAL PILLOW FIGHT DAY
International Pillow fight day is a worldwide event held in many cities that takes place on the first Saturday in April. From Hong Kong to Vancouver to Dallas to London pillows are getting fluffed and prepped to do soft battle on this day. It’s free, and families are encouraged to participate. In many cities, pillows and proceeds will go towards the homeless.
Did you know
The largest pillow fight flash mob was the Worldwide Pillow Fight Day (or International Pillow Fight Day) that took place on March 22, 2008. Over 25 cities around the globe participated in the first “international flash mob,” which was the world’s largest flash mob to date. According to The Wall Street Journal, more than 5,000 participated in New York City.
HOW TO OBSERVE #PillowFightDay
- Essential rules are:
- swing lightly
- only use soft pillows
- remove glasses before beginning
- do not swing at people who don’t have a pillow
- do not swing at people with cameras
- bring a bag to help clean up after
- Attend a pillow fight and bring a pillow or camera.
- Join in the pillow fight or spectate from the sidelines.
- Organize a pillow fight and find the registration form here.
- Follow on the official world pillow fight page. It’s on Facebook
INTERNATIONAL PILLOW FIGHT DAY HISTORY
Kevin Bracken organized the first International Pillow Fight Day in 2008.
2 April 2022
1 April 2023
6 April 2024
5 April 2025
4 April 2026
3 April 2027
1 April 2028
7 April 2029