INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR ACHIEVERS
Every year on March 24th, the International Day for Achievers celebrates achievers and their strong sense of purpose and confidence. It’s also a day to strive to become an achiever.
When you achieve something, it means you have carried out something successfully. The word achieve can also mean accomplish. There are many different kinds of achievements. For some, this might simply mean reading a certain number of books in a month. Others achieve a goal when it comes to losing weight or exercising. Besides personal achievements, many people also have professional ones. An example of a professional achievement would be to get that promotion they have worked so hard for. A common achievement for many people is to further their education. All of these kinds of achievements take hard work and dedication.
Some people have a harder time than others when it comes to becoming an achiever. This may be due to their personality type or they lack certain traits that are common in achievers. Besides having a strong motive to achieve, other traits of high achievers include:
- having a clear vision of what they want to achieve
- having laser-beam focus
- are highly disciplined and do things even when they don’t feel like it
- having a positive attitude and see themselves as victors instead of victims
- a love of learning new things
- like making a difference and have a positive effect on others.
Just because someone doesn’t possess these traits, doesn’t mean they can’t ever have them. It also doesn’t mean they will never achieve anything. Some simple ways to become an achiever include developing good daily habits, avoiding perfectionism, and being patient but persistent. It also helps immensely if a person enjoys what they are doing when trying to achieve a goal.
HOW TO OBSERVE #InternationalDayForAchievers
On this day, schools around the world award students who have made exemplary achievements in their field of study. Employers also recognize employees who have made outstanding achievements in their profession. To participate:
- Set a goal you would like to achieve.
- Help your children realize the importance of setting goals and trying to reach them.
- Celebrate past achievements and ask others to share theirs.
- Read a self-help book on achieving goals, such as Your Best Year Ever, The Art of Setting SMART Goals, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Learn about famous high achievers, like JK Rowling, Denzel Washington, Arianna Huffington, and Mark Cuban.
Don’t forget to share this day on social media with #InternationalDayForAchievers.
INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR ACHIEVERS HISTORY
Our staff is still researching the origins of this day.