INTERNATIONAL BEING YOU DAY
The International Being You Day on May 22 invites you to celebrate being you. During this day, you are invited to explore what it means to truly be you, beyond the projections of society and the need for perfection. It is your day to discover the beauty of you and your unique capabilities. The invitation also creates the possibility to celebrate everyone’s differences.
Explore, Discover, Celebrate – International Being You Day
In short, the International Being You Day is created for YOU, to celebrate YOU! What if, just for a day, you could ditch the judgment and have gratitude for yourself. What if you could start going from having a life run on autopilot to one of curiosity, joy, gratitude and presence.
The focus of Being You Day includes:
- Empowering you to know that your dreams of what is possible are way more valuable than fitting in.
- Inviting people to embrace their unique capacities and get away from comparison and judgment as the deciding factors for happiness.
- Inspiring people to use lightness, joy, and laughter as their guide to who they can choose to be, instead of all they should and should not’s of our age, race, cultures, and families.
HOW TO OBSERVE #BeingYouDay
Set out on the adventure of Being You! Your invitation to explore International Being You Day is here:
1. Do something today that you have always wanted to do but never dared to do! (What if your one day becomes today?)
2. Tune in to Beingyouday.com to watch live interviews and videos about how to step into being even more of … you.
3. Give yourself a judgment break! What if May 22 could be a day when you did not judge yourself for ANYTHING?
4. Make a video or write a post about something you uniquely be or can uniquely do. What would people be surprised to know about you? #beingyouday.
5. Write down 3 things that are DIFFERENT about you, that you are grateful for, and post that on social! Tag #beingyouday.
6. Create your own “How to Be More of Me – Your Go-To List”– start a list of what gives you a sense of ease and joy and makes you relax into yourself.
Invite others to join the movement on May 22nd. When you celebrate, use #BeingYouDay on social media.
INTERNATIONAL BEING YOU DAY HISTORY
In 2011, Dr. Dain Heer wrote a book called Being You, Changing the World. (A truly innovative toolbox for the seekers of the world.) Over the years, it became a bestseller; it was translated to over 17 languages and turned into a series of seminars and workshops with over 100 trained facilitators.
It is becoming a being you movement, created by people’s demand to be themselves, their greatness, and their difference.
With the international BEING YOU DAY on May 22, we create a space to explore, discover and celebrate each individual’s uniqueness, beyond right or wrong and the judgment.
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed the first International Being You Day to be observed on May 22, 2021, and annually thereafter.
“What if you, truly being you, are the gift and change this world requires!” Dr. Dain Heer
About Dr. Dain Heer
Dr. Dain Heer is an author, change-maker, speaker and co-creator of Access Consciousness, one of the largest personal development companies practiced in 176 countries. Heer has traveled the world for more than twenty years, sharing his unique insights on happiness, relationships, getting over the yuck and everything in between!
Growing up in the ghetto in Los Angeles, Heer was exposed to constant abuse however he never chose to be a victim. In his talks and workshops, he uses a set of tools and provides step by step energetic processes to get people out of the conclusions and judgments that are keeping them stuck on a cycle of no choice and no change- leading them into moments of awe that they have the power to change anything.
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!