GLOBAL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT DAY
Every year on January 28th, Global Community Engagement Day seeks to encourage organizations, individuals, and businesses to better engage with their community.
Communities become better when professionals and organizations engage with different groups of people in their community. Community engagement helps to build and strengthen relationships. This includes relationships with local residents, faith-based groups, cultural groups, voluntary groups, and even virtual groups.
Other reasons businesses should engage with their community include:
- It will help business leaders make better decisions.
- It will help business leaders to address specific issues better.
- The community will be more satisfied with the performance of the business.
- The community will be more likely to accept specific recommendations.
- Business leaders will gain more perspectives, so decisions aren’t so one-sided.
One more great reason for businesses and organizations to become engaged in their communities is that the result is often a win-win for everyone. When a particular project is realized, it is a good feeling knowing that the community will benefit from it.
HOW TO OBSERVE #GlobalCommunityEngagementDay
Individuals, businesses, and organizations observe the day by broadcasting what they do for their communities. To participate:
- Learn how you can become more involved in your community.
- Connect with others who think community engagement is essential.
- Give your employer ideas about how the company can be more involved in the community.
- Donate toward a cause in your community.
- Come up with a list of things that will better your community, such as improving accessibility for those with disabilities.
Spread awareness for this day on social media with #GlobalCommunityEngagementDay
GLOBAL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT DAY HISTORY
The first Global Community Engagement Day was held on January 28th, 2018. Engage 2 Act, a nonprofit organization based in Australia, created the day. They came up with the date by asking their social media followers what pioneer of community engagement stands out to them. The person who answered the question the best was born on January 28th. They used the winner’s birthday as the date for Global Community Engagement Day. The mission of Engage 2 Act is to create, nurture, and support a dynamic professional network for those interested in community engagement.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!