EHLERS-DANLOS SYNDROME AWARENESS MONTH
Ehlers- Danlos Awareness Month in May is an opportunity to dazzle people with information and increase research funding.
Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) are a group of inherited disorders that affect the connective tissue. Researchers have identified 13 different classifications for EDS. The observance aims to raise awareness of the risks and symptoms of EDS.
EDS is a rare condition that causes hypermobility, fragile skin, and chronic fatigue among other severe and life-threatening health issues. The cause of this genetic disorder is unknown. Further research is necessary to better diagnose and treat EDS.
HOW TO OBSERVE #EhlersDanlosSyndromeAwarenessMonth
- Vist www.ehlers-danlos.com to learn more.
- Become a donor to support research or learn how to become involved.
- Share your experience with EDS.
- Learn more about EDS and available treatments.
- Use #EhlersDanlosAwareness, #DazzleTogether, #EhlersDanlosSociety, #ZebraStrong to share on social media.
EHLERS-DANLOS SYNDROME AWARENESS MONTH HISTORY
The Ehlers-Danlos Society founded Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom Awareness Month in 2006 to bring education, outreach, and fundraising efforts to the Ehlers-Danlos community.