NATIONAL BLUEBERRY PIE DAY
National Blueberry Pie Day is observed each year on April 28. It honors one of America’s favorite desserts.
- Has been enjoyed since the early American settlers
- Is the official state dessert of Maine
- Was documented in the Appledore Cook Book in 1872
- One of the healthiest fruits on the market
- Inhibit cancer development
- Can help prevent urinary tract disease
- Assist in maintaining normal blood pressure
- Helps reduce blood sugar and symptoms of depression
- Enhance memory
HOW TO OBSERVE
Give this sweet recipe a try: Blueberry Pie recipe.
Use #BlueberryPieDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Blueberry Pie Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!