YAD DRAWKCAB LANOITAN
.yad doog a si sihT
January 31st honors everything backward with National Backward Day. The day provides an opportunity to reverse our ways, our direction or simply our shirt. Dessert for breakfast, perhaps? There are many ways to celebrate this fun day, so just let your imagination be your guide.
This day is very popular with school-aged kids, but there is no age limit on who can participate in all of the backward fun. So EVERYONE, let’s have some fun!!
FUN FACT: Leonardo da Vinci wrote backward. Not only did the artist and inventor write from right to left, but he also wrote his letters backward.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalBackwardDay
After polling several National Day Calendar staff members, we opaquely have an idea on how to celebrate this day.
- Go out the back door
- Have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner.
- Instead of coming unglued when you’re upset, get glued.
- Add coffee to your milk.
- Add ice cream to your chocolate.
- Do your work in reverse order.
- Say, “Goodbye,” instead of “Hello,” when answering the phone.
- Twiddle your pinkies, not your thumbs.
- Wear your sweatshirt backward.
- Write your name backward.
- Write an entire sentence backward.
- Run the bases in baseball backward.
- Watch a movie backward.
- Read a book starting with the last page.
- Play a record backward.
Do things backward and use #NationalBackwardDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL BACKWARD DAY HISTORY
We’ve looked up, down, and all around for the creator of this day. Now, we’re going to retrace our steps, backward.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!