Where the World Gathers to Celebrate Every Day

WORLD PRODUCTIVITY DAY – June 20

World Productivity Day - June 21

WORLD PRODUCTIVITY DAY

Every year on June 20th, World Productivity Day recognizes the importance of being productive. It’s also a day for people to learn how to increase their productivity.

Productivity is defined as the efficiency of production of goods or services. The quality of producing something is also another definition for productivity. Many farmers associate productivity with the productivity of their land. Others associate productivity with the use of their minds or hands. Most employers want their workers to be productive. In order to succeed, self-employed people need to find ways to be as productive as possible.

In the workplace, or wherever else, there are often barriers to productivity. These barriers might include:

  • Distractions and interruptions
  • Lack of information
  • Ineffective communication
  • Unclear priorities
  • Insufficient training
  • Inadequate tools and equipment
  • Lack of motivation
  • Stress
  • Too much to do

Whether it’s at home or work, there are ways to overcome these barriers. To be as productive as possible, it’s important to keep up with good habits. These habits include doing most important tasks first and breaking tasks into smaller pieces. Taking short breaks every 55 minutes and spending less time on e-mail is also helpful.

Another way to become more productive is to use the 80/20 rule. According to this rule, 80 percent of the results come from 20 percent of the efforts. To implement the 80/20 rule, identify the most important 20 percent of your work. Then cut down the other 80 percent of your schedule. This allows you to find more time for things that make the biggest impact.

HOW TO OBSERVE #WorldProductivityDay

Many businesses and entrepreneurs celebrate this day by holding workshops and seminars on finding ways to become more productive. Employers also discuss how their business can increase productivity. To participate:

  • Write down barriers that cause you to be less productive.
  • Find ways that you can be more productive at work and at home.
  • Commit to taking a class or attending a workshop on productivity.
  • Read a book, such as Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, or The Power of Less by Leo Babuata.
  • Watch a movie that inspires increased productivity, such as Good Will Hunting, The Wolf of Wall Street, or The Social Network.

Post your tip for increasing productivity on social media with #WorldProductivityDay.

WORLD PRODUCTIVITY DAY HISTORY

Our research team is still looking into the origins of this important day.

There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!

Share