READ AN E-BOOK WEEK
Read an E-Book Week during the first full week in March is an opportunity for book lovers and writers alike to share their passion in digital form.
For the one week of Read an Ebook Week, publishers and authors offer thousands of original ebooks for free and at deep discounts to encourage book lovers around the globe to give ebooks a try.
The week promotes the advantages of reading ebooks such as:
- Convenience – lighter to carry around than physical books
- Ease of use – more accessible to take notes and look up books
- Customization – You can set your ebooks to look exactly how you want.
- Price – They tend to be cheaper, and you can get many for free.
- Environmentally friendly – no chopping up trees to make them.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Share why you read or publish ebooks by using #ReadAnEbookWeek or #eBookWeek on social media.
Up to 2004, Rita Toews, from Winnipeg was writing books but had no way to get them into reader’s hands, so she started writing ebooks. Ebook popularity was just getting started, and few people knew about the availability of ebooks. So, she created “Read an E-Book Week” to create a mass opportunity for one week out of the year for writers to get international publicity.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!