NATIONAL WORK AND FAMILY MONTH | October
National Work and Family Month is an annual designation observed in October. During this time, businesses across the U.S. are asked promote healthier and more flexible work environments. The goal of the campaign is to remind employers about the business benefits of supporting work-life effectiveness programs. Today, our families come in all shapes and sizes. Between work, family, and personal life, we all face many responsibilities every day… which is why finding a healthy balance among them all is so important.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Use #WorkAndFamilyMonth to post on social media. If you are a business owner or employer, try adding National Work and Family Month to your agenda this October. It’s safe to say your employees will all appreciate you for doing so! Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Get together a committee of work life ambassadors. Let everyone brainstorm creative ways to promote work life alignment.
- Dedicate each week to education and activities pertaining to a specific work life issue. Some of these could be flexibility, financial education, volunteerism, physical and mental wellness, and stress reduction.
- Find out from employees themselves which of the above issues is most important to them. Issue a small work survey for quick, easy answers!
- Offer help to your employees. Host speakers that are experts in work life alignment, or even join in on some online webinars.
- Promote the month with uplifting, motivating e-mails, signage, seminars and fun events!
National Work and Family Month was established by WorldatWork’s Alliance for Work-Life Progress in 2003.