NATIONAL WELDING MONTH
National Welding Month in April recognizes an industry that has kept the nation growing for generations. Skilled welders not only keep products rolling off an assembly line and buildings rising into the skyline, but they also keep the economy booming.
Welders keep our communities and nation moving in more ways that one. Beyond the products they help manufacture, they are also key to the safety of the products and structures. When it comes to our power grid, welders are an instrumental part of all our energy sources, past, present and future.
The demand for skilled welders will increase as the new technologies require trade work to meet manufacturing needs. Future generations will need to fill the gap.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalWeldingMonth
- Learn more about welding and trade skills.
- Share your welding skills with others.
- Develop and advance your welding skills.
- Show off your projects.
- Give a shout-out to a welder you know.
- Visit www.aws.org to find out about education and resources.
- Use #NationalWeldingDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL WELDING MONTH HISTORY
The American Welding Society established National Welding Month in 1996 to recognize the industry and the tradespeople who endeavor to keep the world together one weld at a time.