NATIONAL TOILET TANK REPAIR MONTH
National Toilet Tank Repair Month in October comes at just the right time of year to prepare us for holiday guests. Yes… You heard us right. There is really a month dedicated to repairing your toilet. Although it sounds a little silly, the big reason this is recognized as a national month is to save you money! When you hear your sink dripping, you usually run to shut it off because the more it drips, the more water – and money – you’re wasting. If your toilet is leaking, however, you usually won’t be able to hear it at all. This means a lot of water and money down the drain (literally.) So this October, you’re invited to join in the properly-functioning-toilet celebration!
It’s also a preventative measure. If you’ve ever been to a holiday gathering when the only available bathroom became suddenly closed for repairs, you know what we’re talking about! Avoid the misery and make sure your toilet is functioning properly.
- The Environmental Protection Agency says a leaking toilet wastes about 200 gallons of water a day. Wasting this precious natural resource is something we should all try to avoid this month, and every month.
- A small leak can prevent a toilet from flushing properly, which usually means double, triple, or even quadruple the amount of water wasted.
- Toilet flushing accounts for 38% of household water use and can be one of the greatest sources of water waste in the home.
- An average leaking toilet will waste up to 78,000 gallons of water per year. That’s enough to fill two swimming pools that can fill the average-sized backyard.
HOW TO OBSERVE #ToiletTankRepairMonth
Get your toilet tank checked and get it repaired if needed. Use #ToiletTankRepairMonth to post on social media. Here are some of the most common problems people have with their toilets.
- A loose lever
- Faulty flapper inside the tank
- Overflow of the pipe or flush valve
- Fill valve won’t shut off
- Noisy refilling toilet
If you have ever noticed any of these problems with your toilet at home, you might be able to learn a thing or two about how to fix them yourself! Click here for more.
NATIONAL TOILET TANK REPAIR MONTH HISTORY
Fluidmaster, Inc. founded National Toilet Tank Repair Month in October to make sure all our bathrooms are in proper functioning order before our homes are flush with company for the upcoming holidays.