NATIONAL THREAD THE NEEDLE DAY | JULY 25
National Thread The Needle Day is observed annually on July 25th. Since the phrase “Thread the needle” has multiple meanings, we recognize several ways to celebrate the day!
Here are some of the different meanings of “Thread the Needle.”
- Literal meaning – Taking a thread and guiding it through a sewing needle
- Metaphorical sense – Finding a path through two opposing views (often used by politicians)
- Game move – A type of billiards move where the ball is shot precisely through a narrow pathway
- Yoga pose – Also known as para balasana, the pose brings the body to a kneeling position with both hands on the floor (table pose). Slide the left hand all the way to the right beneath the body. The head and shoulder should rest comfortably on the floor, creating a slight twist in the spine.
- Sports metaphor- Often employed in sports to describe a tight space in which to move the ball
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL THREAD THE NEEDLE DAY
Put on your glasses and thread a needle. Or try a fancy billiards or basketball move. Can you twist into the yoga pose? Whichever one you choose to celebrate the day, post on social media using #ThreadTheNeedleDay.
NATIONAL THREAD THE NEEDLE HISTORY
Our research was unable to identify the origin of National Thread The Needle Day.