NATIONAL THREAD THE NEEDLE DAY
National Thread The Needle Day is observed annually on July 25th. “thread the needle” has multiple meanings. As a result, we recognize several ways to celebrate the day!
Here are some of the different meanings of “Thread the Needle”:
- Literal meaning – Taking a thread and guiding it through a sewing needle
- Metaphorical meaning – Finding a path through two opposing views (often used by politicians)
- Game move – A type of billiards move where the ball is shot precisely through a narrow pathway
- Yoga pose – Also known as para balasana, the pose brings the body to a kneeling position with both hands on the floor (table pose). Slide the left hand all the way to the left beneath the body so the head and shoulder rest comfortably on the floor creating a slight twist in the spine.
- Sports metaphor- Often employed in sports to describe a tight space in which to move the ball
HOW TO OBSERVE
Put on your glasses and thread a needle. Or try a fancy billiards or basketball move. Can you twist into the yoga pose? Whichever one you chose to celebrate the day, post on social media using #ThreadTheNeedleDay.
Our research was unable to identify the origin of National Thread The Needle Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!