NATIONAL STREAMING DAY
Streaming formats come in all shapes and sizes. On National Streaming Day, we recognize the advancing and growing technology that makes our mobile lives run more smoothly.
Since the advent of computers, we’ve been streaming media. It wasn’t until the late 1990s that streaming became more accessible. Since most people didn’t have the bandwidth on their personal computers and internet service to support quality streaming, it wasn’t a reasonable option. The attraction of streaming pushed technology to improve speed and accessibility.
A variety of services offer music and video streaming. These on-demand services offer many benefits to our modern lives.
- Watch movies, work videos, television shows at a time that is convenient for you.
- Listen to a variety of music, podcasts or books on any device.
- It’s mobile. You can take it with you on road trips, long layovers, waiting in the doctor’s office.
- Streaming delivers more variety and choice than we’ve ever had before. Customizing your preferences has an a la cart feel to it that many viewers have been demanding for years.
- Businesses and organizations use streaming as an optional training method, advertising, and coordinating meetings.
The technology keeps changing, too. Streaming is keeping pace with the needs of modern life in ways that many other technologies struggle to do. National Streaming Day celebrates our favorite media, the cord-cutters, and all those who create great videos and music for us every day.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalStreamingDay
Celebrate the day by streaming your favorite show, music or podcast. You can also check out the variety of streaming services available. Share your favorite apps, services and shows that keep your streaming addiction satisfied. Use #NationalStreamingDay to share on social media.
NATIONAL STREAMING DAY HISTORY
Roku founded National Streaming Day in 2014 to celebrate cord-cutters, the technology, and their 10th anniversary.