NATIONAL SPEAK IN COMPLETE SENTENCES DAY
National Speak in Complete Sentences Day is observed annually on May 31st. This day is dedicated to using proper sentence structure while speaking.
It’s entirely possible to celebrate the day while texting as well. So no LOL or ASAP on May 31st. So if you must Laugh Out Loud As Soon As Possible, you will need to say or type it completely and be sure to include a subject and verb that agree. Oh, and you will also want to be sure to punctuate those sentences correctly. At the very minimum, your sentence will need a tiny little period at the end. Though, do you think it will require any other kind of punctuation? It just might!
HOW TO OBSERVE #SpeakInCompleteSentencesDay
National Speak in Complete Sentences Day encourages us to complete our thoughts with a subject and a verb. If the idea confuses you, we offer these suggestions to take part in the day successfully:
- You can visit your English teacher from high school. Maybe the teacher will remember which parts of the class you slept through.
- Grammar blogs and videos offer short tutorials. Reading or viewing one will help clear up any questions you might have.
- Some schools offer refresher courses. Consider taking one to improve your grammar and understanding of language.
- If English is your second language, congratulate yourself on this accomplishment. Mastering one language can be complex but communicating in two languages is a beautiful thing!
How will you celebrate? Use #SpeakInCompleteSentencesDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL SPEAK IN COMPLETE SENTENCES DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues researching the origins of this grammar-focused holiday. While we do, check out these other grammar and reading days:
- Random Acts of Poetry Day
- National Novel Writing Month
- Universal Letter Writing Week
- National Reading Group Month
- World Braille Day
- National Proofreading Day
- National Grammar Day
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!