NATIONAL RENEWAL DAY
Observed annually on May 4th, National Renewal Day provides an opportunity for new beginnings.
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, renewal is defined as “the state of being made new, fresh, or strong again: the state of being renewed.”
The day has been correctly placed in the spring when plants are sprouting. The day strives to reinvigorate us after a long winter. Whether we choose to refresh our souls or replace our old rugs with new, we are charged with setting to work polishing up our state of being.
Where the house might need to be infused with a little fresh air, our friendships might need some reconnection to renew them. Has the romance gone stale? Add a spark and bring some new life to it. Has the diet seen better days? Find a little color to add to it, and you might find a little pep in your step to renew yourself.
Whatever your approach to this day is, remain confident and National Renewal Day will be a success.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalRenewalDay
What will you renew? At the beginning of the year, many people made resolutions. Perhaps it renewing your commitment to those goals on Renewal Day will bring you closer to satisfying those resolutions. Other ideas for this holiday include:
- Renewing your faith. No matter your faith, recommitting yourself to spiritual care, prayer, and mediation offer many rewards.
- Refresh your outlook. If you find mornings to be difficult, change what makes them troublesome.
- Change your view. Whether it’s the route you take to work or where you sit at the dining table, get a look at the world from another angle. You might discover something new or find something you lost.
- Reconnect. Contact friends, family, and former co-workers. Strike up a conversation and catch up.
- Revive an old hobby. While some of us may be a little rusty at first, we will be happy we took the time.
Share your ideas for renewal and use #NationalRenewalDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL RENEWAL DAY HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and origin of National Renewal Day.