NATIONAL RASPBERRY CREAM PIE DAY – AUGUST 1
National Raspberry Cream Pie Day is observed annually on August 1. Themed with other raspberry holidays in this same time period. Raspberries are most plentiful this time of year.
Raspberries are edible. Because they are fruit of the plant species in the genus Rubus of the rose family. The name ‘Raspberry’ also applies to the plants themselves. Check out these other facts about these delicious berries…
- Raspberries are woody stemmed perennials.
- The berries are widely grown in all temperate regions of the World.
- Raspberries are a very important commercial fruit crop.
- At one time, raspberries were a midsummer crop, however with new technology, cultivars and transportation,
they can now be obtained year-round.
- Did you know, an individual raspberry weighs 0.11 – 0.18 oz.
- An individual raspberry is made up of about 100 drupelets.
- One raspberry bush can yield several hundred berries a year.
- A raspberry has a hollow core once it is removed from the receptacle.
- Raspberries are a rich source of vitamin C, manganese and dietary fiber.
- Raspberries contain vitamin B1, vitamin B3, folic acid, magnesium, copper and iron.
HOW TO OBSERVE
To celebrate National Raspberry Cream Pie Day, be sure to enjoy these Raspberry Cream Pie recipes.
Also, post on social media using #RaspberryCreamPieDay while encouraging others to join in.
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Raspberry Cream Pie Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar!