NATIONAL RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK
During the week of February 17th, National Random Acts of Kindness Week encourages us to put kindness first and share it everywhere we go. Everyone needs a little kindness sometimes, and we never know when to expect it. Be the unexpected gift to someone this week.
Winter is getting long for you and that person behind you in line at the coffee shop. So perk it up by doing something nice for them. The goal of Random Act of Kindness Week is to improve schools, the workplace, families, and society through kindness.
Psychiatrists say being kind offers benefits for you, too!
- Fuels personal energy and self-esteem
- Makes you happier.
- Good for your heart.
- Helps you live longer.
- Decreases the harmful chemicals in your body
HOW TO OBSERVE #RandomActsOfKindnessWeek
Random Acts of Kindness Week is the perfect opportunity to try new ways of being kind. If you’re looking for ideas, the Random Acts Kindness website offers many inspiring stories and ideas.
Follow on Facebook or other social media platforms. Use Hashtag #RandomActsofKindnessWeek, #RAKday or
Concrete ideas include:
- Feed a stranger’s Meter.
- When driving, allow someone into your lane.
- Share a book.
- Buy a coffee for that person ahead or behind you in line.
- Make a donation in someone’s name.
- Leave double the normal tip.
- Shovel the neighbor’s walkway.
- Create a “needs” post in a public forum. Someone somewhere may be able to fulfill that need and it just might be you!
NATIONAL RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS DAY HISTORY
Random Acts Of Kindness Day was first created in Denver, Colorado in 1995. Random Act of Kindness Week began in 2018.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!