NATIONAL PIE DAY
National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd.
National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie. It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies. Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!
The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.
Fun Tidbit – Pie throwing:
Cream filled or topped pies are favorite props for humor. Throwing a pie in a person’s face has been a staple of film comedy since Ben Turpin received one in Mr. Flip in 1909.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Go out for pie or try one of these recipes:
Use #NationalPieDay to post on social media.
National Pie Day was created by the American Pie Council. The American Pie Celebration began in 1986 to commemorate Crisco’s 75th anniversary of “serving foods to families everywhere”.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar®!
2019 list of businesses offering free and discounted pie on January 23.
Please contact us with any offers not listed!
- Grand Traverse Pie Co.will offer a free slice of apple crumb or cherry crumb pie with any purchase.
- Village Inn – Slice of fruit pie or classic pie with any dine-in purchase. No coupon necessary. See website for details.
- Baker’s Square – Free slice of pie with any menu item purchase. See website for details.
- Berry Manor Inn (Maine) – January 25 – 28 – Pies on Parade
- Eckerts – (Illinois, Kentucky) – Buy one pie at regular price in their Country Store, you will receive a second pie of equal or lesser value FREE. In their Restaurant on January 23, receive a FREE slice of pie with any entrée purchased.
- Elegant Farmer – Enjoy an 8″ Apple Pie Baked in a Paper Bag on sale for just $10 January 23-27, 2019, in our market with sampling on Saturday.
- Fionn McCool’s – (Alberta, Canada) – Members receive one free pie
- Linvilla Orchards – (Delaware County, PA) January 23-27, 2019 – all pies $5 off. And take their pie poll on their website!
- Norma’s Cafe – FREE slice of Mile High Pie while supplies last
- The Pie Shoppe (Western Pennsylvania) – Visit their website to see pie sale deals and participate in The Pie Shoppe Fundraising Program.
- Reed Memorial Library (Ohio) January 23 – free pie while supplies last – 11A – 2P.
- Sauder Village – Doughbox Bakery is offering a deal of $1.00 off pies and free samples throughout the day, while supplies last.
- Blank Angus – Since pie day is on Wednesday, get a free slice of Sky-High Mud Pie with the purchase of a prime rib dinner.
- O’Charleys – National Pie Day is on Wednesday and here a slice of pie is free when you dine in.
If you know of a deal and it is not listed, please comment below.