NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER LOVER’S DAY
Ah, peanut butter. One day is not enough to recognize peanut butter. March 1st was made for National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. The goober has been paired, blended and added with many tasty results!
The creamy, nutty goodness that is peanut butter is so amazingly delicious that when we pair it with creamy and dreamy chocolate, we almost have bacon.
The slang term for peanut butter in World War II was “monkey butter.”
A monkey visited the lab at Kellogg’s one day and dipped his banana in a jar of peanut butter, and he’s been ape over the combination ever since. Actually, banana slices with peanut butter sandwiched between them and dipped in chocolate make a terrific snack.
Peanut butter and bananas was a combination even fit for a king. Elvis Presley loved a peanut butter and banana sandwich or two.
Then peanut butter got its passport and traveled the world. It paired up with some shrimp and got a little saucy. The result is a Thai peanut butter shrimp that is so yummy it had to be true love.
Things heated up a little when peanut butter jumped into the stew pot to sweat it out with a spring chick seasoned with some cayenne. African Chicken Peanut Stew tastes better than ever.
Some of the best times peanut butter has ever had is with marshmallows. Fudge enjoys a satisfying dessert status to be envied.
Fun Peanut Butter Facts:
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- C.H. Sumner first sold peanut butter in the United States at the Universal Exposition in St. Louis. He sold $705.11 of the “new treat” at his concession stand.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was introduced to America in 1928.
- The oldest operating manufacturer and seller of peanut butter has been selling peanut butter since 1898.
- Mr. Ed TV’s used peanut butter as a secret ingredient to get a horse talking.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Fall in love with some peanut butter or a new peanut butter combination. Try peanut butter and apples. Or maybe fried peaches and peanut butter. Try one of the recipes above. Or how about peanut butter and bacon. Use #PeanutButterLoversDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day with National Day Calendar®!